Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Bok Choy with Garlic and Mushrooms
Adapted from Rasamalaysia
1 bunch of bok choy
2 handfuls of mushrooms (white or brown cap)- sliced
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 dashes of white pepper powder
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon oil
1. Prepare the garlic oil first by heating up your wok and stir fry the minced garlic until they turn light brown. Dish out and set aside.
2. Heat up a pot of water and bring it to boil. Add two small drops of cooking oil into the water. Drop your vegetables into the boiling water and quickly blanch them for about 20-30 seconds (depends on the quantity).
[Adding oil keeps the green-ness of the veggies.]
3. As soon as they turn slightly wilted, transfer them out and drain the excess water off the vegetables. Arrange the vegetables on a plate.
4. In a wok, heat up the cooking oil, and then add the oyster sauce, water, sugar, and white pepper powder.
5. Add mushrooms to sauce and cook for 2 min.
6. As soon as the sauce heats up and blends well, transfer and drench it over the blanched vegetables.
7.Top the vegetables with the garlic oil and serve immediately.