Thursday, April 22, 2010
Thai style chow fun noodles (My version of pad see ew)
5 Gai lan- cut diagonally and thinly
1/2 package of fresh chow fun
5 cloves garlic- minced
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
5 tbsp soybean paste
1 can chicken broth
1 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
For the pork marinade:
1/2 lb of pork loin, cut into very thin bite-size pieces; or ground pork
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark sesame oil
Toss the pork and all the sauces together until well mixed. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes before cooking time.
1. Separate chow fun noodles by hand with soy sauce to help separate it.
2. Stir fry gai lan until tender and set aside.
3. Stir fry noodles with 2 tbsp soy bean paste and water as needed and set aside.
3. Stir fry garlic until golden. Add pork until cooked and add egg into mixture and toss. Add 3tbsp soy bean paste.
4. Add chicken broth to pork mixture. Add corn starch to thicken sauce.
5. Add vegetables and noodles to sauce.
6. Top with hot sauce and serve.