1. 6-8 oz. bok choy, gai choy, gai lan or napa cabbage
2. 8 mushrooms (sliced)
3. 1 inch ginger (peeled and sliced thinly)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce or to taste
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon corn starch
6 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Rinse the vegetables with water and drain the water dry.
2. Mix the white sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil until it’s smoking hot.
4. Add ginger, stir-fry until light brown or aromatic.
5. Add vegetables into the wok and stir quickly.
6. Add mushrooms to veggies.
7. Transfer the white sauce mixture into the wok and continue to stir-fry until the sauce thickens. By then, the vegetables should be perfectly cooked, but not overcooked. Some veggies cook longer then others. Gai choy will take the longest. Bok Choy and Gai lan will take less time. And napa cabbage should take even lesser time.
8. Eat while it's hot!